- Lustria a land from where Lord Xen'phantica came from.[2b]
The Realms contain not a few whose spirit, soul or essence was saved, was recreated or reborn in the new world - foremost amongst them is the God-King Sigmar.[1b] Many of the inhabitants of the Mortal Realms are the descendants of these survivors, managing to escape that world's apocalyptic event, known as the End Times.
Some of the known means to reach the realms are:
- Sigmar hung upon the remains of the Broken World, Mallus, as it flung across the cosmos.
- Memories and spirits that attached itself upon Mallus, began to take the magic of the Broken World and gained physical form.[4b]
- Rescued by gods or through arcane means.
- Survivors of the End Times who either fought their way out of the Realm of Chaos or hid in mirror dimensions and otherworldly havens.[4b]
- The Slann travelled through the stars and were guided into the Mortal Realms by Dracothion.
- Drycha Hamadreth
- Neferata (Character)
- Skarr Bloodwrath
- Mannfred von Carstein
- Gotrek Gurnisson
- Mallus: The battered core of the lost world still hangs in the sky of the Realm of Azyr, now orbited by the Sigmarabulum a vast ring of forges and other structures created by Dracothion, Grungni and Tyrion. [1c]
- Nulahmia: A carefully crafted echo of the city in the lost world so beloved of the Mortarch Neferata, inhabited by the living and the dead - including ghosts from the original city. [2a]
- Father of Blades: Created from the spirits of twelve rune swords from the ancient past which may well be the may be the spirits of the Runefangs - twelve ancient magic swords forged by the legendary Dwarf Runesmith Alaric the Mad in the World-that-Was: Runefang. [3a]
- 1: Age of Sigmar: Core Book (2nd Edition)
- 2: The Realmgate Wars: Balance of Power
- 3: Warhammer Age of Sigmar Mortal Realms Issue 16
- 3a: Stormhosts: Celestial Vindicators, I1
- 4: White Dwarf Issue 76 11 July 2015
- 5: Battletome: Seraphon (2015) - Masters of Order
- 6: A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms