Warhammer Legends/Orcs & Goblins
Orcs & Goblins are an army originally from the Warhammer: Fantasy Battles that was broken down into many factions for the Grand Alliance of Destruction when it transitioned into Warhammer: Age of Sigmar. The army would later be re-released with Warhammer Legends, with warscrolls for every Citadel miniature Games Workshop has released.
- For more background information see: Orcs & Goblins
When a greenskin horde descends upon the land it leaves little in its wake save devastation and ruin. They raid ceaselessly, carrying war and barbarism to every corner of the world under the resounding roar of their Waaagh!. Time and again, Orc and Goblin armies arise without warning, their direction and intent dangerously fickle and unpredictable, but with one surety – that nowhere is safe from their attacks for long. These loose confederations of squabbling tribes are commanded by an especially powerful and ambitious Warboss, and amount to raucous mixes of greenskins and other violent-minded creatures.
In the Mortal Realms their units exist in the following factions:
- Grand Alliance of Destruction
- Grand Alliance of Chaos
- The 2015 version of the Orcs & Goblins Compendium had 48 Warscrolls.
- It came with the Ironjawz Big Mob, Greenskinz Big Mob, Bonesplittas Big Mob, Great Gimob, Great Moonclan and Spiderfang Venom Mob Battalions.
- Only the Giant warcroll was the only one that was part of multiple Grand Alliances. It was unit of both the Grand Alliance of Chaos, in the form of Chaos Gargants, and the Grand Alliance of Destruction, in the form of Aleguzzler Gargants.
- The Orcs & Goblins had the following background:
- Nothing slaps a grin onto a greenskin's face like a good bit of smashing stuff up. Whether thuggish orruks or sneaky grots, drunken gargants or dumb-asrock troggoths, all live for the day the Great Waaagh! is declared. Part holy crusade, part anarchic riot, the Great Waaagh! sweeps across the realms laying waste to all in its path. So do the greenskins worship Gorkamorka, through total destruction and indiscriminate mayhem.
- The 2017 version of the Orcs & Goblins Compendium had 4 Warscrolls.
- This release came after the Grand Alliance books that saw many of the Orcs & Goblins units distributed through several factions of the Grand Alliance of Destruction and the General's Handbook 2016 that added points for Matched Play in Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
- Many of the Warscrolls existing in the previous version were removed, with many named characters substituted with more generic ones. These warscrolls in this version are refereed as Legacy by the players.
- Version 16/11/2018 of the Orcs & Goblins Legends Compendium had 48 Warscrolls.
- This version is more close to the 2015 version with many of the rules were changed, removing funny rules and adding synergy between units that made the faction as a whole more competitive.