Warhammer Legends/Dark Elves
Dark Elves are an army originally from the Warhammer: Fantasy Battles that was broken down into many factions for the Grand Alliance of Order when it transitioned into Warhammer: Age of Sigmar. The army would later be re-released with Warhammer Legends, with warscrolls for every Citadel miniature Games Workshop has released.
- For more background information see: Dark Elves
From the chill land of Naggaroth, the black-hearted Dark Elf legions pour forth. For thousands of years, the Dark Elves have plundered the riches of the world, using the blood and treasure of distant lands to fuel their wars. From his iron throne, the Witch King musters his armies to assail civilisation. Corsairs descend on trading ports leaving only death in their wake, Sorceresses conjure the darkest magics to consume their foe, and crazed devotees of the Bloody-handed God slaughter their way across entire kingdoms. The craven may cower behind their walls, but nowhere is safe when the Dark Elves march to war.
In the Mortal Realms their units exist in the following factions:
- Grand Alliance of Order
- Grand Alliance of Chaos
- The 2015 version of the Dark Elves Compendium had 38 Warscrolls.
- It came with the Exiled Warhost and Exiled Blood Cult Battalions.
- Only the Harpy warcroll was not part of the Grand Alliance of Order. Instead it was a Grand Alliance of Chaos warscroll shared with the Beastmen Compendium.
- They renamed the faction as Exiles and gave it the following background:
- Embittered and cruel, the aelf Exiles roam the Mortal Realms bringing death to every foe they meet. These swift and vicious warriors are ostensibly allies of Sigmar. In truth, they serve only the shadowy Malerion, and themselves. Emerging from the darkened places of the realms, the Exile warbands engage in lightning raids that leave ravaged corpses piled high in their wake. Then they vanish as quickly as they came, like smoke melting away on the breeze.
- The 2017 version of the Dark Elves Compendium had 8 Warscrolls.
- This release came after the Grand Alliance books that saw many of the Exiles units distributed through several factions of the Grand Alliance of Order and the General's Handbook 2016 that added points for Matched Play in Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
- Many of the Warscrolls existing in the previous version were removed, with many named characters substituted with more generic ones. These warscrolls in this version are refereed as Legacy by the players.
- Version 1.1 of the Dark Elves Legends Compendium had 40 Warscrolls.
- This version is more close to the 2015 version with many of the rules were changed, removing funny rules and adding synergy between units that made the faction as a whole more competitive.