Beastmen are an army originally from the Warhammer: Fantasy Battles that was broken down into many factions for the Grand Alliance of Chaos when it transitioned into Warhammer: Age of Sigmar. The army would later be re-released with Warhammer Legends, with warscrolls for every Citadel miniature Games Workshop has released.
- For more background information see: Beastmen
The Beastmen are the true Children of Chaos. Grotesque hybrids of fierce animal and primitive human, these horned and stinking warrior-beasts infest the blighted forests that cover the Old World. Out of the dark and twisted forests of the Old World come the Cloven Ones, uncounted hordes of braying creatures made only of horn, hoof, muscle and hate. They desire nothing less than to grind man’s temples to dust, to cast down his gods, to tear the bodies of his peoples limb from limb and to unmake all that has been built upon the lands. They seek to drag the Old World back into a barbaric and primal age.
In the Mortal Realms their units exist in the following factions:
- Grand Alliance of Chaos
- Grand Alliance of Destruction
- The 2015 version of the Beastmen Compendium had 24 Warscrolls.
- It came with the Ungor Raiders Ambush, Furious Brayherd and Bullgor Stampede Battalions.
- Only the Giant warcroll was the only one that was part of multiple Grand Alliances. It was unit of both the Grand Alliance of Chaos, in the form of Chaos Gargants, and the Grand Alliance of Destruction, in the form of Aleguzzler Gargants.
- The Beastmen had the following background:
- The haunted forests and wastelands of the realms are home to savage creatures that live only to trample and despoil. Some call them the horned ones, others the true children of Chaos, but to mortal men they are known as Beastmen. When the horns of battle call, the warherds mass alongside their bull-headed brethren to fight alongside the armies of Chaos. The only reward they seek is the chance to wreak utter havoc upon everything in their path.
- The 2017 version of the Beastmen Compendium had 3 Warscrolls.
- This release came after the Grand Alliance books that saw many of the Beastmen units distributed through several factions of the Grand Alliance of Chaos and the General's Handbook 2016 that added points for Matched Play in Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
- Many of the Warscrolls existing in the previous version were removed, with many named characters substituted with more generic ones. These warscrolls in this version are refereed as Legacy by the players.
- Version 16/11/2018 of the Beastmen Legends Compendium had 24 Warscrolls.
- This version is more close to the 2015 version with many of the rules were changed, removing funny rules and adding synergy between units that made the faction as a whole more competitive.