The Red Hours (novella)
|Cover Artist||Akim Kaliberda|
|ISBN||13: 978 1 78496 796 3|
At the bleeding edge of Chamon sits a lone outpost: The Grave of Heroes. Once a great fortress, it’s now no more than a thinly disguised prison for soldiers the armies of Sigmar would rather forget. Into this oubliette comes Byrun Hess, disgraced Captain of the Sigmarite forces, who finds himself buried in a dead-end posting with a tiny garrison, ranging from the undisciplined to the almost heretical. While Hess attempts to instill some measure of discipline, one of Chamon’s brutal shardstorms quickly shifts his priorities to simple survival. Things go from bad to worse when the garrison’s Warden is viciously murdered in a bloody scene that shows signs of dark sorcery, and tempers flare as the survivors accuse each other of the crime. Not sure who to trust, Hess' disquiet is compounded by the chilling discovery of a newly exposed ancient vault in the mountainside that once confined a terrifying supernatural force – the likes of which these mortals have never seen before.
|This page contains spoilers for:||The Red Hours (short story)|
In the Realm of Chamon a once mighty fortress, the Grave of Heroes is guarded by a small group of exiles. A new captain, himself disgraced arrives at the outpost and attempts to take control but events quickly spiral out of his control as the secret that the fortress guards is uncovered.
- Sophia Altenbach: Infamous sculptor and scion of a powerful family, survived charges of heresy to be exiled as Castellan of the Grave of Heroes. 
- Eris Brightmourn: Knight-Azyros of the Maelstrom of Light. 
- Byrun Hess: A disgraced Freeguild captain. 
- Fabula Inucta: The Mother of Heroes, a power from the Age of Myth. 
- Flynn: A charmonian native and scout. 
- Hanar: Exiled and disgraced duardin smith. 
- Valdemar Schmidt: Warrior Priest of Sigmar. 
- Thystra: Former member of the Lion Rangers, tormented by her past. 
- 1: The Red Hours (short story) by Evan Dicken
- 2: Black Library - The Red Hours (last accessed 1 December 2023)