Khul's Ravage, Where the Brimstone Peninsula, is located, is a region of the Great Parch continent in the Realm of Aqshy. It borders with the Vitriol Sea on the east and the Ocean of Swords on the west. It's lands borders with the Flamescar Plateau and Vitrolia to the north.[4a]. The battle for this peninsula was the first battle in the Realmgate Wars and it heralded the Age of Sigmar, where the Stormcast Eternals first arrived in the Mortal Realms to wage war against the forces of Chaos.
Age of Chaos
- Korghos Khul and his Goretide waged war across the Brimstone Peninsula in the name of Khorne. The Scorched Keep was the last true bastion of resistance against the Goretide, before it fell. They slew the Direbrand Tribe, Khul himself taking the life of Vendell Blackfist, the mortal who would become Lord-Celestant Vandus Hammerhand.
- After conquering this region, all the way to the Vostargi Mont in Capilaria, Korghos Khul renames his power-base to Khul's Ravage.[4b]
- Khul builds the Jagtooth Forts to protect the coastline from invasions and his coastal slave routes.[4b]
- Khul starts to build his Red Pyramid of Khul from the skulls of those tribes north of the Ravage.[4b]
- Due to Khul's campaigns and the ammount of blood spilled there, the land between Duardinia and the Flamescar Plateau changes earning it the name of the Scablands.[4b]
Age of Sigmar
- Battle of the Brimstone Penninsula: Sigmar casts lighting upon the Brimstone Peninsula and Vandus Hammerhand and the Hammerhands of the Hammers of Sigmar, along with other Stormhosts, slam down and defeat the Bloodbound Goretide led by Korhos Khul and capture the Igneous Gate to Azyr. They also destroyed the Gate of Wrath, a realmgate leading to Khorne's domain, thwart Khul's ambitions to become a daemon and force him into exile. The Stormcast capture the Brimstone Peninsula for Sigmar and wrest it from Khorne's control, demolishing the holdings of the blood god's servants, like the Jagtooth Forts, across the entire region and its realmgates become manned by the Lord-Castellants. They use the highly defensible peninsula as a staging post to conquer the Great Parch.[4b] Seeing the Sigmar's Storm the slaves of the Bloodbound gained courage to fight back against the forces of chaos once more.
Some of the known locations on this landmass are:
- Brimstone Peninsula: A peninsula conquered and claimed by Sigmar's Stormhosts.[4b]
- Brimstone Keeps: A series of lighthouse-styled buildings built in the place of the Jagtooth Forts by Azyr's stonecutter after the Battle of the Brimstone Peninsula.[4b]
- Jagtooth Forts: A series of fortress towers that once lined the cliffs overlooking the Vitriolus Reach. They were built by Khul's bone masons and legions of slaves during the Age of Chaos by the Goretide to protect the coast from invasion and the slave routes. They were demolished after the Battle of the Brimstone Peninsula and eventually replaced with the Brimstone Keeps.[4a][4b]
- Igneous Delta: The site of the Igneous Gate, where the Stormcast Eternals landed.[4a]
- Sulphuric Sea: The acidic ocean surrounding the Igneous Delta.
- Vitriolus Reach: Is a stretch of the Vitriol Sea.
- Sulphuria Swamps: A swampland region of the Brimstone Penninsula, filled with many gouting Blood Geysers.
- Brimstein Heartlands: A mountainous region of the Brimstone Penninsula, containing the tribal ruins of the Direbrand Tribe.[4a]
- Dark Weald: A forested region to the east of the Brimstein Heartlands.
- Khul's Stronghold: The fortress of Korghos Khul, leader of the Goretide Warhorde. The fortress, Realmgate, and the Red Pyramid were all destroyed by the Stormcaste Eternals.
- Red Pyramid of Khul: It once stood in the shadow of the great Red Pyramid of Khul, a monumental pile of skulls built by Khul for the glory of Khorne. The skulls of this structure was made from millions of skull taken from the tribes north of the Brimstone Peninsula. Khul's defeat during the Battle of the Brimstone Peninsula happened at this pyramid.[4b]
- Gate of Wrath: A Chaos-corrupted Realmgate known as the Gate of Wrath lay within, its stability maintained by the brass forts of the stronghold.
- Ruins of Scorched Keep: A ruined fortress where Korghos Khul earned the title Butcher of Scorched Keep.
- Worldgore Springs: A region of the Brimstone Penninsula covered in great pools of blood.
- River Magmus: A molten river running from the volcanic mountains of Duardinia through the Brimstone Penninsula to the Vitriolus Reach. The Obsidian Bridge spans it.
- Mordacious Sound: A coastal region on the Brimstone Penninsula. Rivers of magma from Duardinia flow into the sea here. An immense skull can be seen leering up from the sea, fires burning in its eyes.[4a]
- Bleak Keep: A Chaos fortress overlooking the Mordacious Sound.
- Volatus Ridge: A jagged fault line between the Gate to Azyr and Khul’s Stronghold.
- Dark Weald: A burning forest.
- Smoulder Track: A road that glows like lava.
- The Flamespires mountain range. [4a]
- Hammerhand Coast: Named after the Hammerhands after their conquest of the Brimstone Peninsula.[4a][4b]
- The Scablands: Given its name during the Age of Chaos by the amount of blood spilled by Korghos Khul's campaigns, making lakes of blood that turned the land tough, cracked and brown.[4a][4b]
- Tempest's Eye[4a]
- Obsidian Fortress: It protects the Khul's Ravage side of the Bridge of Brine.[4a][4b]
- Bloodwarm Waters[4a]
- Fort Ignis[4a]
- Goldenmane Monument[4a]
- Coast of Bone[4a]
- Vitriolus Reach[4a]
- Bridge of Brine: Bridge of Brine: The Bridge of Brine is one of the two crossings between the west of the Great Parch and the rest. On the Aspirian side there it is fortified by the Steel Spike while on the Khul's Ravage side is fortified by the Obsidian Fortress. During Tzeentch's invasion of Aspiria during the Age of Chaos the khornate legions traverse this bridge to attack the Steel Spike.[4b][4a]
Of the coast the following isles can be found:
- Ruins of Scant[10a]
- Smith's Harbour[10a]
- Vitrios Cliffside[10a]
- Gate of Wrath - A corrupted Realmgate leading to the domain of Khorne within the Realm of Chaos.[4c]
- Dripping Gate - A corrupted Realmgate, formerly known as the Lympirric Goldflame Gate, that now leads to the Skull Lands in the Realm of Chaos.[8A]
- Goretide: The Ravage is yet another region claimed by the tribes of the Goretide.[9a]
- Hammers of Sigmar: This Stormhost lays claim to the Brimstone Peninsula. Their operations and territory are centered on Fort Ignis, a Stormkeep.[4b]
- 1: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar - Mighty Battles in an Age of Unending War
- 2: The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts
- 3: Battletome: Khorne Bloodbound (2015), pg. 23-24
- 4: Age of Sigmar: Core Book (2nd Edition)
- 5: Mighty Battles
- 6: White Dwarf Issue 75, 4 July 2015 - Sigmar Strikes
- 7: Warhammer Community: 17/08/2017 The Season of War continues in Firestorm
- 8: Battletome: Blades of Khorne (2019)
- 8a: Bane of Sorcerers, pg. 16-17
- 9: Battletome: Slaves to Darkness (2019)
- 9a: Conquerors of the Realm, Pg. 10-11
- 10: Age of Sigmar: Core Book (3rd Edition)
- 10a: Chaos in the Great Parch, Pg. 82-83