Rot flies are revolting creatures, taking the form of enormous flies with lumps, boils and exposed innards spread around their equally bloated and spindly body. They have two pairs of ragged, brittle wings and their bulbous abdomen have the horrific contorted face of their partial digested victims. They have horrible fangs, many beady eyes and can have plague proboscis, mandibles or stingers.
Their appearance is so repugnant it scars the mind. They drizzle foul fluids as they fly through the skies. They attack with lashing limbs, prehensile proboscis, venomous stingers, chitinous limbs, foul mouthparts and biting maws.[1a] They are disgustingly resilient creatures, able to take a lot of damage because of their unnaturally, diseased bodies.[1a]
Rot Flies are primarily used as flying mounts.
- When ridden by high ranking Plaguebearers overseers they are known as Plague Drones of Nurgle.
- Pusgoyle Blightlords are former Putrid Blightkings that have become symbiotically connected to the Rot Fly and rarely leave their saddle.
- Lords of Afflictions are those that lead the fly-mounted, nurglite armies atop a Rot Fly that drags below them a sinister dolorous tocsin, often using it as a wrecking ball.
- 1: Warscrolls
- 2: Plague Drones product description
- 3: Pusgoyle Blightlords product description
- 4: Lord of Afflictions product description