Order of Azyr
The Order of Azyr is an organisation comprised of Witch Hunters, Vampire Hunters, and other agents dedicated to scouring the Free Cities and kingdoms of Sigmar's empire of the corruption of Chaos and Death. In their mission to rid the Realms of corruption, they are given free rein with none save Sigmar himself holding authority over them. Even those in the highest offices of the Cities of Sigmar know well to fear the Order, for any signs of corruption will be purged with fire, blade, or execution.[8a][9a]
Agents of the Order work closely with other elements of the Devoted of Sigmar and trusted lords of the Free Cities.[8a][9a] The Order's members will often employ extensive networks of contacts and allies, who hail from countless backgrounds and walks of life, to complete their missions.[10b]
Due to sharing a similar purpose, Witch Hunters of the Order and Lord-Veritants of the Stormhosts will often work together to rid the taint of Chaos from the Cities of Sigmar. Whether the Lord-Veritant will defer to their mortal counterparts, or directly take charge, more often depends on the personality of the Stormcast than actual protocol.[2b]
The Order of Azyr answers to none save the authority of the God-King himself, though politicking exists within the internal hierarchy of the Order. The Agents of the Order, especially its Witch Hunters, are renowned and feared for being ruthless, pragmatic dispensers of Sigmar's justice. Despite this reputation, many within the Order hold themselves to high moral and ethical standards.[8a][10b]
- Ammos Varon: Witch Hunter who travelled to the Latchkey Isle.
- Hanniver Toll: Witch Hunter.
- Jelsen Darrock: Witch Hunter wh had tasked himself with cleansing the city of Ulfenkarn.
- Sol Gage: Witch Hunter.[2b]
- Tolomon du Majir: Prelate of Vigilance of Gildenhollow.
- Maleneth Witchblade: Agent of the order and worshiper of the god of murder, Khaine.
- Balthorial Shalyr.
- Bayzor: A warrior agent known to Maleneth.
- Tavyat of Sayron: Warrior companion of Ammos Varon.
- Weiss: Agent at the Temple of the Lightning in the Bone Desert.
- Brotherhood in Droost: A branch of the Order that has a heavy presence in Droost.[4a]
- Bruel: Grandmaster of the Order in Droost.[4b]
- Esselt the Braelander: A Witch Hunter who was based in Droost in the Realm of Chamon.[4a]
- Talorcan of Rivendirge: Former Witch Hunter based in Droost in the Realm of Chamon.[4a]
- Vladimir Gregor Ludovich: Keeper of the Brotherhood in Droost, he was a thief and assassin before taking his vow.[4b]
|Every story you’ve heard is true. Every one. Where we see perfidy, the Order excises it with sword and flame. Those that would eat away at the heart of this great civilisation will die screaming. Those that choose to aid such schemes, or who avert their gaze through cowardice or disloyalty will meet a fate no kinder. I tell you this so you harbour no illusions as to the lengths I will go to protect this city – if you cross me, you are ash and memories, and even those I will seek to eradicate. Do you understand?|
- 1: Legends of the Age of Sigmar: City of Secrets
- 1a: pg. 44-45
- 2: Hammerhal & Other Stories
- 3: The Bone Desert (short story)
- 4: The Tainted Heart (novel)
- 5: Tales of Forbidden Power - the Method in the Madness
- 6: Thieves' Paradise (novella)
- 7: Cursed City Website
- 8: Age of Sigmar: Core Book (2nd Edition)
- 8a: The Free Peoples, Pg. 140-143
- 9: Broken Realms: Teclis
- 9a: Invasion of Invidia, Pg. 30-31
- 10: Soulbound Core Rulebook