|Maggotkin of Nurgle
|Lore of Foulness
Lore of Malignance
Nurgle Rotbringers are the mortal followers of Nurgle, the Lord of Decay. They are the mortals bloated with disease who attracted Nurgle's gaze and he unashamedly favours those that spread disease in his name and revels in the results of their actions.[4a] Many of his mortal followers come from nations destroyed by his legions, either corrupted by the promises of powers or the chance of surviving the poxes that his influence spreads.[4b]
During the Age of Myth Nurgle slowly watched the realms, whispering assurances to those crying out for salvation promising salvation from grief if they abandoned the Pantheon of Order. Unlike Tzeentch who led mortals astray through deception Nurgle sent boons to petitioners faster than they could hope for although these did not always come in the way they would expect. Ultimately this brought the Age of Chaos when the Plague Legions marched into the realms gaining allies among the Beasts of Chaos, Skaven of Pestilens clans and mortals who had realised the futility of resistance. These mortals would become the first Rotbringers, joining with the Daemons to form the first Maggotkin hosts.[11a]
The main assemblages of Rotbringers are known as Contagiums whose numbers are constantly swelling and depleting like a sickness. A Contagium is built around three distinct throngs known as Cysts each led by a different type of lord such as a Lord of Plagues, Lord of Afflictions or Lord of Blights. Greatest Cysts may encompass many warbands each led by its own lord or sorcerer. Each Contagium is dominated by a champion, a favored mortal of Nurgle who could be a lord or a sorcerer and in some cases even a Daemon Prince may come from the Realm of Chaos to lead a Contagium. However when a truly blessed child of Nurgle such as the Glottkin or the Maggoth Lords arrive to demand fealty these lords usually step aside.[11b]
Contagiums may fight entirely independently but often make pacts or forcefully press into their armies forces from Nurgle-worshipping Slaves to Darkness and Skaven of Pestilens. Even the most prideful Rotbringers that refuse fight to fight alongside allies will look to summon Daemons of Nurgle as all Rotbringers seek to perform the foulest desecrations in the name of Nurgle so they will be showered with his blessings.[11b]
- Legion of Bloat: Led by Manguish the Bloatlord they crossed the Nevermarsh in search of new territory.
- Rust Legion: A mighty warhost that defended the genesis gate, led by Ranslug.
- Swollen Kings: They are eager vassals of Nurgle, going into battle with cankerous armor and rusted weapons filled with poisonous filth.
- Bulofex's Blightguard hulking warriors that despite their plague-ridden bodies fight with phenomenal skill and speed.
- The Drowned Men a group specializing in Aerial and Naval warfare. Led by Gutrot Spume. 
- 1: Warscrolls
- 2: Warhammer: Chaos: Maggoth Lords youtube preview
- 3: What's New Today: 2015/08/15
- 4: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar
- 5: The Realmgate Wars: All-gates
- 6: The Gnawing Gate by
- 7: The Realmgate Wars: Balance of Power
- 8: Nurgle Painting Guide
- 9: Plague Garden by
- 10: Hamilcar: Champion of the Gods
- 11: Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle (2021)
- 12: Soul Wars: Wrath of the Everchosen