Outside of battle Lord-Castellants often carry the responsibility of being the wardens of the various strongholds of the Stormhosts, a role they fulfill vigilantly. When in battle they bolster the spirits of their comrades with bellowed oaths and grim jests in the face of seemingly impossible odds. When hordes of enemies crash into the sigmarite shield walls the halberds of the Lord-Castellants arcs down to cleave the skulls of enemy champions and protect the stormcasts from would-be death blows. 
They are aided in their duties by Gryph-hounds who act as guard-beasts that alert the Lord-Castellant about infiltrators, saboteurs or shape-shifters.
They wield a warding lantern that is an anathema to the power of the dark gods. Their golden rays sear the skin and burn flesh from bone of their followers while banishing daemons back to the Realm of Chaos with its celestial energies. It's purifying rays can also be used to heal stormcast eternals.
- Selithon Blackstar
- Khela Sango
- Andricus Stoneheart
- Pharus Thaum
- Hamilcar Bear-Eater
- Lorrus Grymn
Lord-Castellant miniature, wielding a Warding Lantern and a Castellant's Halberd.
- 1: What's News Today: 2015/07/20
- 2: Lord-Castellant product description
- 3: The Realmgate Wars: Quest for Ghal Maraz
- 4: Warstorm
- 4a: The Gates of Dawn by Josh Reynolds
- 5: Battletome: Stormcast Eternals (2018) - Lords of the Host, pg. 64-65
- 6: Age of Sigmar: Core Book (2nd Edition)
- 6a: The Great Parch, pg. 86-89