The Old Stag[5b]
- Kurnoth the Huntsman: Beast and man as one. [5b]
- Kurnoth the Killer: Carrying his spear and clad in Ironoak armour. [5b]
- Kurnoth the Seducer: Wearing a crown of stag horns and clad in ivy. [5b]
- The Old Stag: Said to be an older god, from whom Kurnoth was formed, it now manifests as a shard of the god. [5b]
Age of Chaos
Kurnoth and the Heartwood Glade Sylvaneth defended Kurnotheal in the realm of Ghyran during the Age of Chaos but as he was in his winter season he was too weak to resist the forces of Nurgle. He was ultimately defeated and slain in the Battle of Tears by the servants of the Plague God, led by Horticulous Slimux. His spear and what remained of his body was rescued by what remained of his forces. As they escaped their forces were slowly reduced until only a single Dryad managed to return to Alarielle with his remains.[3a]
He was one of several deities worshipped by the Sylvaneth and the only that is worshipped at the same level as Alarielle. It's this fact that makes other Sylvaneth so wary of the Kurnoth Hunter's elevated level of worship.
The Kurnoth Hunters are the living embodiment's of his wrath and power.. Their creation was a result of Alarielle's awakening in her war aspect during the Season of War. The Kurnoth Hunter's were given a position within her Royal Moot in the form of the Huntmaster of Kurnoth, a being shrouded in mystery, described as being somewhere between Alarielle's captain of the guard, martial advisory, high priest of Kurnoth, and the queen's spy master.
In Wald, a village in the Ghoul Mere, it is said the Everqueen tamed and then flayed the Old Stag and from the meat she pulled a single seed that would become Kurnoth. That which remained was submerged in the mire, dreaming of carnage in his name, guarded by her Sylvaneth, later Wald would be built atop it. [5a]
|The blood is the life. They know that, my caretakers. My hounds. They've always known. A bit of blood makes the green things grow. A bit of blood to feed me in my respite. Is that so much to ask for my blessings?|
- Due to similarities in name, story, domain and the fact that he was a survivor of the World-That-Was, it is thought that Kurnoth might be connected to the god Kurnous from the World-That-Was. His name also contains portion of the other elven hunting deity from that world, Anath Raema.
- 1: Kurnoth Hunters product description
- 2: Kurnoth Hunters warscroll
- 3: Battletome: Sylvaneth (2019)
- 4: Battletome: Sylvaneth (2016), pg. 53
- 5: Dark Harvest (novel)
|Units||Forest Folk (Dryad • Branchwraith) • Free Spirits (Arch-Revenant • Gossamid Archers • Kurnoth Hunter • Spirit of Durthu • Spiterider Lancers) • Noble Spirits (Branchwych • Revenant Seekers • Tree-Revenant • Treelord • Treelord Ancient • Warsong Revenant) • Outcasts (Spite-Revenant)|
|Characters||Ardaneth • Bramble-Maiden • Cuthrucu • Ithary • Lady of Vines • Brachylaena • Dollenhal • Maesleir • Oadenwul • Shaddock • Felyndael • Haaldhorm • Wilde Kurdwen • Lharenthol • Nellas the Harvester • Rhalaeth • Sternbark • Svarkelbud • Wytha • Drycha Hamadreth • Kelara • Usniel • Ylthari|
|Glades||Dreadwood • Gnarlroot • Harvestboon • Heartwood • Ironbark • Oakenbrow • Winterleaf|
|Defunct||Eiderbract • Frondkin • Hawthorn • Silverthorn|
|Armoury - Artwork - Miniatures - Endless Spells - Scenery|