Elemental Gods are personifications of specific phenomena. Such gods are the coalescence of emotions or thoughts given impossibly vast but often incorporeal forms. They are known to exist beyond the constraints of time.
The Chaos Gods are Elemental Gods that exist within the Realm of Chaos. Many of these inhabit and rule over their own sub-dimensions shaped by their personalities and values. They are corrupting beings that seek to influence the Mortal Realms and their struggles, often through their daemonic legions. Throughout the countless aeons thousands of Chaos Gods have arisen and fallen within the Realm of Chaos, with the Ruinous Powers merely being the most powerful of all.[3a]
The most influential of these deities, often called the Ruinous Powers, are:
Beyond the Ruinous powers, there are also a myriad of lesser known Chaos Gods:
- The skulls of seven Chaos Gods are worn by Khorne the Blood God, once belonging to his brother deities who in ancient days competed with him for the Brass Throne.[3a]
- The Chaos God worshipped by Zuvass.[3b]
- Gorkamorka: One of the most notable Elemental Gods is Gorkamorka, the God of Destruction who once allied with the Pantheon of Order.
- 1: White Dwarf June 2019, pg. 9
- 2: White Dwarf April 2021
- 3: Shadespire: The Mirrored City (novel)