Direchasm (anthology) is an anthology published in 2020. It is a part of the Beastgrave and wider Warhammer Underworlds storyline and is published by Black Library in the Legends of the Age of Sigmar series.
Beastgrave is starving. Poisoned from the inside by the treacherous Katophrane Curse, the Ur-Mountain forever calls warriors to its bloody depths in its desperation. Myriad warbands answer from across the Mortal Realms, some seeking treasure, others power, and yet more wishing only to kill. None find what they came for, and even death is denied those who enter Beastgrave’s halls.
Now, a new area has yawned open, the Direchasm – a place of darkness where warbands fight endlessly. Some, like Myari’s Purifiers – noble scions of the Lumineth Realm-lords – have come to purge the taint from the mountain. Others, such as The Dread Pageant, seek any sign of Slaanesh, and will stop at nothing until the lost deity is found. To achieve their goals, both must battle the likes of The Wurmspat, Rippa’s Snarlfangs and The Grymwatch. Beastgrave demands blood, but those who enter its caverns soon find themselves lost to its fury, doomed to fight an endless war.
It includes the following stories:
- The Mountain's Call by Graeme Lyon
- Ghastlight by Anna Stephens
- Last Rite of the Hag Queen by Dale Lucas
- The Root of Death by Clint Werner
- The Rage of the Mountain by Danie Ware
- Claws of Famine by Miles A Drake
- The Jabberslythe's Grin by Ben Counter
- Heart of the Beast by Gary Kloster
- Halls of Gold by Thomas Parrott
- The Gnawblade by Denny Flowers
- Chains of Fate by Nicholas Wolf