|Creature Types:||Automatons • Beasts • Daemons • Mortals • Spirits • Undead • Unknown|
Daemons are a type of creatures that come from the Realm of Chaos. They are unnatural beings and the hellish spawn of the Dark Gods. Most serve the Gods of Chaos, they only exist to corrupt and destroy.[1a]
Each daemon has a true name, which is alien and nearly unpronounceable by most mortals. The true name of a daemon reveals its most fundamental nature., and so daemonic true names can render mortals that hear them insane due to the power contained within them. 
Daemons use a number of false names and titles to keep their true names secret, for if a mortal finds out a daemon's true name it grants them power over the daemon. However, a deamon also knows who learns its true name, and the Dark Gods are greatly displeased when mortals attempt to control their creations. Many a would-be daemonologist, upon learning a daemon's true name, has discovered that what they thought was a path to power was actually a sentence to death.
Many daemons will change their use-names as they see fit, adopting new names as the mood strikes them or to reflect their current form. The names normally reflect something of their nature; for example, Khornate daemons are known by titles such as Fluxgore, The Render of Limbs, or the High-Handed Slayer of Innocence while Slaaneshi daemons go by titles like Graceblade, The Lurking Despoiler, or The Bringer of Joyous Degradation. 
List of Daemons
- Daemons of the Great Horned Rat
- Daemons of Hashut
- Daemons of Khorne
- Daemons of Nurgle
- Daemons of Slaanesh
- Daemons of Tzeentch
- Unaligned Daemons
|A daemon is more than its form. It is sorcery itself, hammered and shaped by the summoner's mind. Those drawn into these realms by mortal hands take on something of their master – a bond of memory binds them together. And in that bond are the seeds of intent and cause.
- In the early versions of Monstrous Arcanum compendium by Forgeworld, the Incarnate Elementals had the Daemon keyword, but in later revisions it was removed.
- During the 1st edition of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar all Seraphon, with the exception of the Slann had the Daemon Keyword representing the fact that they were beings of order whose minds and bodies are made of Azyrite energy. With the release of the 2nd Edition Battletome, Seraphon were retconned as to being creatures of flesh.
- 1: Soulbound Core Rulebook
- 1a: Creature Types, pg. 301
- 2: Warscrolls Compendium: Seraphon
- 3: Warscrolls Compendium: Monstrous Arcanum
- 4: Spear of Shadows (novel) by Josh Reynolds
- 5: Warscrolls Compendium: Daemons of Chaos
- 6: Battletome: Seraphon (2020)
- 7: Wrath and Rapture booklet, pg. 22-24