Cats are a small, typically furry, carnivorous mammals.
They are often called house cats when kept as indoor pets or simply cats when there is no need to distinguish them from other felids and felines. They are often valued by mortals for companionship and for their ability to hunt vermin.
Cats of the Realms
- Realm of Aqshy: Sleek, almost hairless mousers can be found in the sandy wastes.[1a]
- Realm of Ghur: large, spotted hunters.[1a]
- Realm of Shyish: Small, black cats are native to Shyish and few of the living bother them as besides dealing with vermin, they can detect unseen things and hence many a haunting shade or alleyghast has been revealed by the warning hiss of a cat. A cat is even a part of the city of Glymmsforge’s amethyst-and-sable heraldry in recognition of their importance to the city defences. [1a]
| Despite the folktales, cats have no king. Only a queen……. Did you know that there were once many gods? Some… escaped. They slipped between the cracks in the realms, where even the Ruinous Powers dare not go. One of those gods was the mother of all cats. The first ones, at least. She left her children in every realm. Some were big, some small. Some weren’t really cats at all. But all gods leave a little of themselves behind, when they go. An echo, a whisper.
~ Balthas Arum to Elya.[1b]
- 1: Soul Wars (novel) by Josh Reynolds
- 2: Age of Sigmar Roleplay: Soulbound
- 2a: Bestiary, pg. 304