Blades of Khorne
The Blades of Khorne are the servants of the Blood God. They represent the struggle for survival in which only the strongest may prosper. As the physical incarnation of wrath, slaughter and rage the followers of the Blood God have annihilated countless civilisations.[17c] The skulls they have collected are pilled so high as to be mistaken for mountain ranges and the blood they have spilled mistaken for oceans.[17c]
A Lord of Khorne commands an entire Bloodbound Warhorde and beneath their banners are the Bloodreaver hordes, packs of hulking Skullreapers, and droves of thundering Skullcrushers. But even the most powerful lords rarely hold their followers together for more than a few campaigns. Directly beneath the Lord of Khorne are his Gorechosen, his eight mightiest and most favoured champions. They are the Lord of Khorne’s personal guard and they are also the most likely to bury a serrated axe blade in the back of his skull, so he keeps them close at hand, where their seething ambitions can be observed. A Warhorde is typically divided into eight distinct groups. These are often given their own moniker or named after a notorious leader, such as the Skullhunters or Khallzhak’s Redblades. In smaller armies, these eight formations might each be a single pack, but in larger groups each of the eight is a battle force in its own right . So great is the fury manifested in such a gathering that, when they start reaping their gory tributes, the veil between realms begins to tear. [17b]
When gathered together and not in battle, groups of warriors may sing Arbaal's Lament - a hymn to uncompleted slaughter and skulls that will never be taken. [18a]
Warbands of Khorne
- For more information see Bloodbound warband.
Khorne has many blood-blessed legions, both vast and numerous, that leave a destruction in their wake that's sickening to behold. They do not fight for honour wealth or victory, they fight for bloodshed and the favour of their god.
- Goretide: One of Khorne's favourite legions, a battle-hungry horde of cannibals, butchers and berserker led by Korghos Khul, that has subjugated the Realm of Aqshy, many years before the start of the Age of Sigmar. 
- Lord Khuldrak's Reapers: They have yet to met a foe they could not slaughter and responsible for the slaying the last of the rift tribes and defeated the orruks at the Beastgates.
- Brazen Butchers: A warband of murdered that aim for indiscriminate killing and spilling as much blood as possible.
- Warmongers: Once part of the Gyr tribes, they gained Khorne's favour by betraying their comrades in bloody fashion.
- Ravagers of Khur: This warband is distinguished by their black axes and the Khorgoraths that follow them. They are known too well in the ruined provinces.
- Skullfiend Tribe: This tribe slay for the single-minded purpose of collecting and offering skulls to their patron.
- Grimskulls: The most feared and brutal of Khorne's warbands, that commonly fight at the side of his Daemons.
- Brass Skulls: This warband knows all too well that Khorne is worshipped in the battlefield and that his tithe is blood.
- Blackspikes: A Warband know to enter in battle chanting "skulls", growing faster and louder as it grows more violent.
- Axes of Skarbrand: A warband that worships the mighty Bloodthirster Skarbrand, seeing it as the physical incarnation of rage and fight alongside his red-skinned hosts.
- Iron Horde: Led by the Daemon Prince Balghor, elevated after the massacre at Gnawdwell.
- Crimson Fury: These black-hearted killers are so affected by their berserker fury that they slay enemy and ally alike.
- Bloodwrought: A Bloodbound warband lead by the khornate champion Ghaar'eth. 
- Khorgoraths:Former mortals whose bodies have been corrupted into hulking beasts with puny minds consumed by rage and destruction.
- Flesh Hounds: They are beasts capable of tearing a man in half with their fangs and ward off spells and conjurations. They are gifts to Khorne's most bloodthirsty vassals and are usually chained to the armour of the Lords of Khorne.
- Juggernauts of Khorne: These daemon mounts of Khorne are ridden by Lords of Khorne and Mighty Skullcrushers into battle.[8c][8f]
- 1: What's News Today: 2015/07/05
- 2: What's News Today: 2015/07/08
- 3: What's News Today: 2015/07/10
- 4: White Dwarf Issue 75, the Khorne Goretide, page 16-19
- 5: Assault on the Mandrake Bastion product description
- 6: Assault on the Mandrake Bastion by Josh Reynolds
- 7: Exalted Deathbringer product description
- 8: Warscrolls
- 8a: Bloodreavers arscroll
- 8b: Blood Warriors warscrolls
- 8c: Mighty Skullcrushers warscrolls
- 8d: Wrathmongers warscrolls
- 8e: Skullreapers warscrolls
- 8f: Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut warscrolls
- 8g: Slaughterpriest warscrolls
- 8h: Skullgrinder warscrolls
- 8i: Aspiring Deathbringer warscrolls
- 8j: Valkia the Bloody warscrolls
- 8k: Skarr Bloodwrath warscrolls
- 8l: Scyla Anfingrimm warscrolls
- 9: Blood Warriors product description
- 10: Mighty Battles, Warbands of Khorne
- 11: The Solace of Rage by Guy Haley
- 12: The Trial of the Chosen by Guy Haley
- 13: Blood and Plague by David Annandale
- 14: The Eight Victory by Graeme Lyon
- 15: Battletome: Blades of Khorne (2017) - The Chosen of Khorne, pg. 28-29
- 16: The Unending Storm by Nick Kyme
- 17: Battletome: Blades of Khorne (2019)
- 18: Shadespire: The Mirrored City (novel) by Josh Reynolds
- 18a: Chapter Eight, pg. 134
- 19: Age of Sigmar: Core Book (2nd Edition)
|Blades of Khorne|
|Associated Factions||Brayherds - Khorne Bloodbound - Daemons of Khorne - Slaves to Darkness - Thunderscorn - Warherds|
|Characters||Ahazian Kel - Akhagor - Anhur - Balghor - Blackjaw - Drane - Dravek Daemonfist - Garsa - Ghaar'eth - Gigante - Graunos - Grizzlemaw - Isengrim - Kaelgor - Kathag - Khuldrak - Korghos Khul - Koroth - Korox Tyrantscorn - Krev Deathstalker - Kurgoth - Lashkar Bloodspeaker - Baudrax - Rakhan - Riptooth - Ruhok - Scylla Anfingrimm - Selkhara - Skalok - Skarku - Skarr Bloodwrath - Skuldrak - Tarvak - The Beast - Therekal - Threx Skullbrand - Ushkar Mir - Valkia - Vehk - Volundr - Vorax - Vorgaroth - Vorhak - Vrak Brazenfist - Krazkoth - Skulltaker - Blut'Rexx - Khar'zak'ghul - Mazarall - Skarbrand - Skinskein - Karanak|
|Artwork - Miniatures - Invocations|