|Capital (aether-gold shares)||Delegates on the Geldraad|
|Current capital[4a]||Pre-Garaktormun capital||loss||Pourcentage lost||Current Delegates [4a]||Delegates Pre-Garaktormun||loss|
The most cosmopolitan of the sky-ports with many trading partners and the ability to ferry people not only around the Realm of Chamon but into other realms through its secret realmgates. In addition, the most skilled and greatest number of Aether-Khemists dwell in Barak-Urbaz and help to ensure that the cloud mines are the most efficient. The skilled Codewrights have worked hard to ensure that Code claims to the best cloud banks are reserved for the city.
In the Age of Sigmar, the fleets of Barak-Urbaz sailed to the Realm of Aqshy to aid the Fyreslayers against the daemonic hordes of Tzeentch who were attacking nine different mountain ranges in order to secure strange crystals.
A fleet is dispatched to clear cults of Slaanesh from the lands surrounding a small kingdom, but when the task is accomplished instead of the gold coins that the original pallid envoy promised, the duradin are instead presented with thousands of vertebral discs, each bearing a crude image of the Carrion King. 
- Zhargan Irynheart: Arkanaut Admiral of the Drekka-Duraz.
- Fulson Aethereye: Aetheric Navigator of the Drekka-Duraz.
- Endal Cogfinger: crew member of the Drekka-Duraz.
- Varsk Hunniger Grand Admiral of Barak-Urbaz.[5a]
|It was not the gods that saved us. It was not even our skyvessels, nor the thunder of our guns. It was compromise. It was negotiation. It was a transaction between equal parties. The Code saved us, and made us what we are.’ .|
- 1: Battletome: Kharadron Overlords (2017)
- 2: The Lightning Golem (short story)
- 3: Battletome: Flesh-Eater Courts (2019): Tales of Madness, pg. 19
- 4: Battletome: Kharadron Overlords (2020)
- 5: Soulbound Core Rulebook
- 5a: Chapter Six: Rules, Pg. 122